Sunday, August 7, 2011

Life on the Water

This summer has been one of new things for me.   Growing up were never went to the pool much at all, and I think I only went to the lake 1 time when I was in high school.  I never learned how to swim, and have always been pretty afraid of the water.  One of the few times I did go swimming as a young kid, I almost drowned, and it's pretty much given me a fear of water.
 If you know my husband, then you know he LOVES all things water.  SO, this summer we've spent LOTS of time on the water, and i have to say..i LOVE it.  I still can't swim, but the pools we go to aren't over 5 feet deep, and yesterday we had the most relaxing afternoon on the Lake!!  I'm  a lake girl for sure!!  Some of our good friends asked if we wanted to go out on their boat for a few hours after Brett woke up and before he had to go to work, so we said sure!  It was only my 3rd time to go on a boat.  I LOVED it.  I had a life jacket to use in the water, and once I got in and saw that it did keep me floating, I was in heaven.  There is nothing better on a HOT summer day, then to be emerged in some good ol' H2O!

Here's a few pictures from our trip yesterday!  We are going again this afternoon!  :)
                                                            The sunset was BEAUTIFUL!

                                               Floating in the water...isn't he handsome ?? :)

                                                                     relaxed and happy!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment