Sunday, May 20, 2012

Well...I'm reviving the blog!  I can't believe the last time I posted was in August!  Brett is back on evening shift, so I have LOTS more free time on my hands.

My main reason for starting the blog back up is that Brett & I are starting the Whole30 challenge a week from today, and I really want to document the journey, and I also feel that this will help with accountability.

You can read a lot more HERE , but the basic break down is this:
Eat real food – meat, seafood, eggs, tons of vegetables, some fruit, and plenty of good fats from fruits, oils, nuts and seeds. Eat foods with very few ingredients, all pronounceable ingredients, or better yet, no ingredients listed at all because they’re totally natural and unprocessed.

More importantly, here’s what NOT to eat during the duration of your Whole30 program. Omitting all of these foods and beverages will help you regain your healthy metabolism, reduce systemic inflammation, and help you discover how these foods are truly impacting your health, fitness and quality of life.

Do not consume added sugar of any kind - real or artificial, Do not consume alcohol, grains, legumes, dairy, carrageenan, MSG or sulfites or white potatoes.

I think the hardest thing for me will be grains and sugar.  For Brett I think it will be processed foods and grains.  He will have it much harder than I will, due to his job, but hopefully we can find something healthy to send with him for dinner each night. 

I was a little worried at first, but once I started browsing Paleo recipe sites, I got REALLY excited.  I think I've found lots of good recipes that we will both love, and that will be filling enough for Brett.  The hardest thing for us will be veggies.  We both dislike veggies a lot. Salad is our veggie, but of course we usually have ranch with it - which is a no no for this.  So...We will be doing some exploring.  I know the first 2 weeks will be the hardest as far as resisting the cravings our bodies have for unhealthy food - but I'm hoping that having such yummy Whole30 approved food made up will help with that! 

I'm planning out a menu this week, and we are eating up our last few unapproved things (i just can't throw some of it out), and we will start our Challenge next Saturday.  Saturday or Sunday depending on when I can get the shopping done.  
  

No comments:

Post a Comment